- Design and develop farming machines, implements and equipment like conveyors and drag chains.
- Interact and coordinate with farming professionals, agronomists, agricultural technicians and farmers.
- Plan, develop and initiate fertilization programs and harvesting cycles.
- Plan sanitation, ventilation, and heating systems.
- Test and install new equipment and conduct careful evaluations for safety and reliability.
- Troubleshoot to find the source of the problem when equipment does not perform properly.
- Act as subject-matter experts that use GPS, weather data, and other computer modeling tools to provide advice on land pollution, water quality, and soil conditions.