Minimum Requirements :
- PhD in a relevant deciplant ( Med Lab, Microbiology, etc )
- 3 years of Teaching Experience
- 3 years of Industrial Expreience
- Using a practical, applied approach, teach courses in clinical and classroom settings that are in line with course and program goals to meet the needs and aspirations of the students and the community
- Develop and utilize various educational technology resources to ensure that effective and innovative instruction methodologies are employed
- Apply strategies to ensure that effective student learning is achieved within a second-language environment, providing continuous feedback on student progress through a variety of assessment tools, including tests, projects, assignments and other evaluation instruments
- Take a student-centered approach, providing students with individual assistance, and dealing promptly with student issues by liaising directly with the student, program supervisor and other College personnel as required
- Support and mentor students during internships and work placements
- Maintain regular office hours in order to advise and assist students
- Monitor student progress and take actions to support student success
- Ensure that teaching assignments are prepared in advance and that the material is presented in an appropriate manner to support student success and Learning by Doing concept.
- Develop course curriculum under the guidance of the line management as per accreditation and international standards and maintain the relevance of the materials
- Provide input to program and course reviews and make recommendations based on consultations with students, colleagues and external agencies.
- Contribute to the development of the HCT by monitoring programs and identifying areas for improvement; by observing and implementing College and system-wide policies and procedures; and by participating in extra-curricular activities and community events.
- Ensure curriculum is revised as appropriate from Faculty-wide assessment information or with industry advice
- Develop an awareness of and respect for the customs and cultures of HCT students and employees
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Higher Colleges of Technology