Works alongside key business stakeholders, IT technical teams and subject-matter experts to plan and implement the data management and engineering initiatives to eventually deliver optimal analytics and data science solutions.
- Architect, build and maintain data pipelines as workloads move from development to production.
- Manage data ingestion technologies, manage data pipelines/lakes, master data management, data warehousing.
- Automate the most-common and tedious data preparation and integration tasks to minimise manual and error-prone processes.
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience in relation to new data initiatives, including proposing appropriate and innovative data ingestion, preparation, integration, and operationalisation techniques.
- Ensure the appropriate and best practice data governance and compliance standards for all data provisioned to internal stakeholders and users.
- Work towards building a data-driven environment, leveraging data to make informed decisions and promote realistic possibilities and advantages for data.
- Degree educated in Computer Science, Information Systems, Applied Mathematics, or related field.
- 10 years' experience with at least 5 years in a Data Engineering management role with exposure to Hadoop environments and cloud platforms.
- Strong track record of successful stakeholder management - must have experience in building and promoting a data-driven environment.
- Must have experience working within investment management or financial services industry.
- Attractive tax free salary and family benefits.
- Opportunity to join one of the fastest growing organisations in the Middle East.
- Diverse working culture with a great scope for growth.