We, at GEMS International School, Al Khail, are looking for a seasoned Diploma Program Coordinator to join our exceptional team for the start of the 2021 academic year. GEMS teachers deliver dynamic and creative curriculum in world class schools to motivated students.
DP Coordinators at GIS perform key Pedagogical and Administrative lead role as a member of the SLT. Salient responsibilities include:
- Take a lead role in curriculum planning, design, delivery and review by working with staff (subject teachers, SEN teachers, counsellors, MYP Coordinator) and external stake holders (parents, IBO and SLT) to continuously model highly effective principles of teaching and instructional differentiation
- Assist teachers with orientation to subject or grade level curriculum and to develop appropriate learning targets for students
- Design controls to continuously monitor, record and analyze DP Teaching and Learning efficacy
- Program Assist in the preparation of necessary documentation of curriculum materials and timetables
- Design and take a lead role in the delivery of curriculum based parent/new teacher workshops
- Effectively model, communicate and support the implementation of best practices, GEMS culture of kindness and the GEMS/GIS core values
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role
- 3-5 years of solid and demonstrable DP classroom teaching experience in a premium caliber IB curriculum school
- A certified teaching qualification at degree level, such as B.Ed, PGCE, PGDE or equivalent
- The desire to provide outstanding teaching and learning
- Aspiration to work in a world class school with real prospects for enhancing their career
About Your Benefits
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package including a competitive tax free salary, individual fully furnished accommodation, tuition fee concession, private medical insurance, annual airfare to country of residence, and End of Service Gratuity.
Trusted for over 55 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating over 190,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division; and we will impact 20 million by 2020 students through the initiatives of our Charity partner Varkey Foundation.
About the School
GEMS International School, Dubai Hills, opened in September, 2013, as a premier school offering the International Baccalaureate (IB) programme.
With a strong multicultural student body and faculty of over 93 nationalities, we educate our students on the importance of acceptance, respect, appreciation and understanding. Through developing these core personal and social skills, and maintaining the GEMS Education ethos of learning, ambition and philanthropy, our students become true global citizens.
Our community is known for its warmth and inclusivity, with student leadership and responsibility (at all ages) highly valued. Our school is committed to digital citizenship. Our Bring Your Own Device program and dedicated Digital Learning Coaches enable students to discover ways that technology can assist and enhance their learning. Our students are not the only learners: our faculty is dedicated to self-improvement and sharing best practice through the highest levels of professional development.