DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The sales engineer works with customers throughout the sales process from the initial step of determining their needs to the follow-up after product installation. The sales engineer also develops and educates new customers about CTES products.
- Identify sales opportunities and accounts and successfully close these sales.
- Determine customer needs.
- Work with engineering and manufacturing teams to develop customized products that meet client specifications.
- Provide quarterly sales forecast.
- Prepare quotes and close the sales.
- Track orders throughout the product manufacturing and installation process.
- Perform product installation and field service at remote customer locations as required.
- Follow up with customers after equipment installation.
- Determine customer training needs.
- Present technical information and/or product training courses to diverse audiences.
- Represent CTES at industry trade shows.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated achievements in outside sales or leadership within a specific E&P technical discipline related to well intervention.
- Ability to present and explain technical information to diverse audiences.
- 5+ years selling Software in Petroleum Industry
- Self-starter with multi-tasking abilities, organized, detail-oriented
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Skilled with QuickBooks, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel to remote customer locations on short notice.
- College degree preferred or 5 + years of Technical sales experience
- Must speak English fluently.
- Ability to understand technical requirement from Customer
- Ability to present and explain technical information to diverse audiences
- Ability to author or co-author technical papers
- Ability to train customer on software and hardware products
- Adhere to all NOV HSE policies, utilize appropriate PPE and actively participate in monthly safety meetings.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Adept at exercising good judgement (sometimes with incomplete information) while being constrained by tight deadlines
- Able to apportion time effectively to complete tasks (Time Management)
- Be willing to provide colleagues with the information they need to complete their tasks and eliminate roadblocks (Informing)
- Be quick to identify critical information and respond appropriately (Priority Setting)
- Be a process thinker able to create and manage effective systems (Process Management)
- Will be energized by challenges and drawn towards opportunities (Action Oriented)
- Aspiring and keen to advance within the organization (Career Ambition)
- Is cognisant of organizational culture and politics, and appropriately adjusts personal style to be effective (Organizational Agility)
- Imbued with a strong sense of customer focus (internal/external) (Customer Focus)
- A candid team player who collaborates with peers to solve problems (Peer Relationships)
- Committed to self-improvement and development through the role in order to achieve career goals (Self-Development)
- Firm and diplomatic when negotiating (Negotiating)
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Competent in the use of MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Project, and AutoCAD
- Working knowledge of the O&G Industry
- 5 or more years of E&P industry software sales experience.
Direct knowledge of well intervention processes
National Oilwell Varco