As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Global Business Services Cloud Center of Competency is a leader in Cloud solutions. We are seeking a Senior Cloud Application Architect to join our team. IBM Application Consultants work directly with our clients on key initiatives. You will have the opportunity to build an in-depth understanding of their business issues and implement organizational strategies that drive adoption of change. We are looking for experts who can build credibility and trust with our clients and provide knowledge that addresses individual and unique business needs.
As a part of the multi-cloud team, we are looking for architects with extensive experience of open-source technologies. Join us to learn new technologies and expand your core base of expertise while help integrating IBM and OpenSource technologies through real world engagement. In this role you will lead cloud application opportunities towards adoption of container orchestration technologies (Kubernetes, Openshift). You will play a key role in our customers' evolution in enterprise development and help make our solutions both practical and workable for their businesses. You'll work to gain an understanding of customer application landscape including infrastructure and business needs, make recommendations that resolve their issues, and help them make strategic decisions. You'll then build enterprise applications and capabilities around cloud technologies to streamline development and allow for continuous feature release of applications.
We are seeking a candidate who have designed, architected cloud native applications on Openshift. Lead teams of developers and own proof of concepts. Strong experience on ability to walk through the journey of Mono to Microservices is mandatory.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise in hybrid-cloud computing with Kubernetes container platforms; thereby becoming a trusted advisor to influential decision makers.
- Initiate a conversation with CXo's towards adoption of their business applications on Hybrid Cloud Platform with a value based approach
- Provide end-to-end technical guidance and expertise on how to effectively use PaaS (Platform-as-a-Service ) to build solutions on business applications
- Work with clients and IBM teams to identify business problems and provide innovative solutions to evangelize and accelerate the adoption of Kubernetes technologies.
- Design and implement target applications application architecture based on Kubernetes framework with prospective clients, assess architecture needs for projects, work with Development leads and Designers to scope and craft proposals.
- Must have designed and deployed atleast 2 microservices application architecture on Kubernetes or Openshift and ability to develop work products during the project lifecycle
- Work to harvest best practices and document lessons learned as part of continuous improvement of our offerings.
- Be proficient in atleast one cloud providers, such as IBM Cloud, RedHat OpenShift, AKS, EKS or Kubernetes
- Hybrid cloud knowledge towards developing Kubernetes based Infrastructure architecture or deployment experience is not a must
- Relevant experience of over 10 - 12 years of designing Application architecture experience (Java or .net) is must
- Atleast over 1.5 years of hands on implementation experience on Kubernetes
- A solid background in technical consulting, with demonstrated IT experience in solving customer's business applications.
- Experience in building cloud native and ready applications
- Previous commercial experience with architect / build technologies with containers and container management technologies like Kubernetes (preferred) or Openshift
- Proven technical experience with frameworks like Java, Spring Boot, Service mesh
- Solid project management, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- A well-established career within the consultancy space
- Certified Red Hat OpenShift Certified on Container application or equivalent Kubernetes certification is must
- Supporting experience on OpenStack and Ansbile Automation will be a advantage
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.