The position is based in Essilor affiliate in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Category Development Marketing Manager META
Light Management & Total Photochromic
Report to: Direct: Marketing Director META
Scope: Middle East Turkey Africa
As part of the Management Marketing support team based in Dubai, we are looking for an experienced marketing manager to lead and coordinate the implementation of all business & marketing related and business performance tracking of the Light Management & Photochromic Brands (all brand tiering including Premium Transitions Brand). In addition, the marketing manager will provide marketing & business support to local teams including partners & distributors. He/She will be working closely with the Transitions teams in Singapore.
- Define strategic roadmaps for light Management & total photochromic categories (midterm financial objectives and strategy, positioning, innovation plans, distribution channels and pricing policy).
- Define the best product(s) range positioning strategy, pricing recommendation for the country based on understanding of consumers, customers and competitors.
- Work in close coordination with Marketing managers based in clusters and key stakeholders of partners in the region to understand market needs, roll out strategy and help define local action planning.
- Provide analytical support to initiatives such as product innovations and roll out. Key interface for local transfer pricing discussions.
- Gather business intelligence for those categories across the region (market size and dynamics, pricing tiers, competition status, and consumer drivers).
- Drive introduction of new products in the region with relevant stakeholders (Singapore Marketing team, Transitions team, NPI, Supply chain)
- Lead the development the annual budget planning and forecasting, including the quarterly / monthly performance tracking versus targets. Prepare Monthly / Quarterly Reports for META / Country / Partners
- Provide other financial / analytical support to marketing including distribution analysis, margin analysis and KPI setting and tracking of marketing programs. Leverage relevant financial analysis to evaluate business decisions.
- Develop and implement regional and local marketing programs & go-to-market plan by working closely with various departments and stakeholders. Responsible for deployment, tracking and follow up of these plans.
- Develop product related communication assets and technical information, including point of sales materials, demo tools and selling speech, together with the regional team.
- Lead (w/ support from regional team) the marketing investment, planning, tracking & interventions.
- Track effectiveness and ROI of marketing programs. Focus on driving ROI improvement in marketing programs
- Improve the capability of local marketing teams. Be the champion of strict brand guidelines
- Identify business leads & opportunities for the brand across different marketing & business levers
- Coordinate/drive allocation and use of marketing budgets (Above and below the line) coming from Transitions Optical to maximize sales and build brand equity overtime. Drive pan regional communication campaigns
- Define relevant tools, selling aids, promotional mechanics to optimize Last Mile reach for Sun Rx and Photochromic in the region, including close coordination with education team.
- Be a privileged interlocutor for marketing managers in Singapore Amera mktg team and Transitions Optical Singapore team.
- Monitor on a regular basis category/brands KPI’s and propose corrective actions when needed Circulate information across the region on best practices
- Sets up regular meetings/calls with local country managers to align on priorities. Prepare monthly performance report and business reviews.
- Min Degree in Business, Marketing or other related fields
Technical skills * Min 5-7 years of experience in the Marketing brand building, with some trade marketing background. Experience in marketing mix development or business development or key accounts management with proven record in concurrently managing multiple initiatives well, is highly advantageous.
- Strong marketing technical skills, acquired in companies with reputable good footprint.
- Business & number oriented, responsible of category P&L & Business drive in the region
- Big Picture Thinking - Understands Essilor’s vision, aims and objectives and own role within it; thinks broadly, is commercial in their approach and is digitally savvy/utilizes technology to achieve efficiencies and improvements.
- Analysis and Decision Making - results focused and assimilates information effectively in order to make informed decisions quickly; adopts a risk management approach to problems
- High degree of flexibility and ability to quickly understand new topics in business and marketing. Driven & Independent - Resilient under pressure. Responsible for one’s development plan, with support from management. Perform other duties that contributes to the Group’s interest.
- Good with numbers, excel and PowerPoint
- English – Fluent. Arabic & French are a plus
- Good understanding of customer & consumer needs.
- Ability to learn fast and manage highly technological products in a complex environment. At ease with technical topics (scientific background or previous experience in medical devices / technical fields).
- High degree of flexibility and ability to quickly understand new topics in business and marketing.
- Accuracy, time management, efficiency, ability to prioritize projects.
- Good communication skills, ability to prepare and deliver clear presentations. Verbal and written communication is clear and effective; listens and learns from others; shares information, knowledge and experience with the team. Ability to present complex information in a simplified manner.
- Influencing Skills - Excellent teamwork skills, proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority. Internal & external stakeholder management experience is needed