Our client, a well-known military institution in Abu Dhabi, is currently looking for a Gunsmith & Store Keeper – Arabic Speaker. In this role, you will need to play two roles to fulfil. As a gunsmith, you should ensure the guns are cleaned properly and repair, modify, and build various types of guns. As a Storekeeper, you will be in-charge of the all the weapons & ammunition that entre the facility. You have to take care of their inventory and control their movement. Overall, you will be the custodian of the weapons and ammunition. It is your responsibility to ensure their transfer and usage with proper approvals and to maintain the records of the approvals.
- Maintain each gun’s details, such as gun serial number, gun type, calibre, and gauge.
- Maintain accurate records of the nature of the work done on each guns and its usage
- Inspect guns to identify any mechanical problems.
- Repairing damaged gun components and fix gun malfunctions.
- Correct accuracy problems, alter the overall rifle weight if needed.
- Bluing gun barrels and various gun components to prevent rusting.
- Attaching optical sights, pistol grips, or recoil pads to various guns.
- Order gun cleaning material and spare parts as required.
- Contact the gun and ammo. manufactures to learn more about of a product to acquire more knowledge.
- Maintain all the armoury inventory such as, weapons, ammunition, spare parts, gun maintenance tools and cleaning equipment.
- Acquire clear approvals from the assigned DOA for a movement of weapons and ammo. from and to the Armoury.
- Maintain records of all the stock received.
- Inspect deliveries for damage or discrepancies, report to the person in-charge of the procurement of the consignment.
- Maintain records of all the items released, returned and used.
- Check the item thoroughly while it is being returned.
- Reconcile the inventory as frequently as instructed.
- Ensure adequate record keeping and manage all documentation to confirm proper stock levels.
- Reorder stock when it reaches the threshold and maintain inventory control
To be considered for this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
- High school diploma
- Completion of accredited Gunsmith training programs for various types of guns
- 5+ years’ experience working as a Gunsmith, and worked with various types of guns.
- Prior experience of maintaining inventory
- Sound knowledge of gun safety.
- The ability to safely use gunsmith tools.
- The ability to interpret blueprints for guns.
- Knowledge of weapons and ammunition control laws in UAE
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong mechanical, woodworking, and metalworking skills.
- Knowledge of proper bookkeeping and inventory management using hardcopy and Microsoft Office Excel.
- Good communication skills.