- Manages the contracting and relations with medical facilities, including but not limited to: Hospitals, clinics, pharmacies and physicians.
- Analyzes and determines in which countries, regions and cities our network of providers must grow.
- Works with Network Leads in performing service area analysis and cost analysis to identify network development and network renegotiation opportunities.
- Negotiate with clients and client managers the most appropriate network extension efforts in the allocated region.
- Negotiates and discuss agreements (direct payment agreements and/or discounts fees and price agreements).
- Visits clients and manages the relationship with the providers under agreement in allocated regions and monitor the quality of their services and execution of the agreements in conjunction with a more Senior Provider Negotiator or Network Lead.
- Acts as an expert with regards to the medical landscape in the countries within your region and continuously monitor evolutions in that respect
- Ensures the correct handling of all administrative aspects of the agreements with the providers,
- Maintains the Provider Data Base (PIMS) and make overviews of provider networks for all providers within the assigned region.
- Analyzes price lists and data, write clear conclusions and identify cost containment opportunities.
- Act as the internal key person for all other Units and departments for issues relating to the providers in the allocated regions. Especially intensive communication with Clinical, Service OPS and Sales and Client Management.
- Act as representative in the Outpatient Direct Payment project (OPDP)
- Effectively communicates and interacts with other business units to achieve goals; e.g. Medical Management, CGHB Service Operations (NA, UK and Antwerp), Sales and Client Management (NA, UK, and Antwerp), and CGHB Strategy & Operations.
- University degree or equivalent experience
- With University degree, 2 – 3 years of relevant experience. Otherwise, 6 – 7 years.
- Working knowledge of the Provider Network is an asset.
- Good communication skills.
- Good negotiation and convincing skills.
- Analytical and critical mind.
- Proficiency with MS Office programs including: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, and Visio required.
- Knowledge of high priority healthcare providers, third party administrators, CGHB competitor capabilities within the region of responsibility - Africa.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and motivational skills, including negotiation and presentation skills
- Strong influencing skills and ability to work in a complex, highly matrixed, environment, including balancing priorities of multiple organizations to deliver end results.
- Active knowledge of English, French. Any other language skills (particularly Arabic) are a plus
- Results orientation – ability to define goals, establish plans and manage work to achieve desired outcomes. Creates meaningful business related metrics and tracks progress/results.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate own and/or company visions clearly while performing active listening to the message from the provider.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment with shifting priorities
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- A team player
- Willing to travel regularly (up to 20%)
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. We offer an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products. Together, with our 74,000 employees worldwide, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation.
When you work with Cigna, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives while working together to make the world healthier place. What difference will you make? To see our culture in action, search #TeamCigna on Instagram.