The Jr. Tea Taster supports the Tea Tasters in maintaining the consistent high-quality standard of the tea components and blends. Ensures that the standards are met and fulfilled by the internal manufacturing process and the partner suppliers.
- Functional Responsibilities:
- Tea Components Evaluation - responsible for the evaluation and quality checking of different tea components in all of the process stages; from the receipt and issuance of flavours, incoming raw teas, first mix blend, to hopper and production samples.
- Blend Allocation - providing and calculation of the blend details following the particular standards as per the date of blend sheet requisition.
- Stocks Monitoring - Daily checking of raw teas and flavours stocks to ensure enough quantity of components are available for production thru the ERP system. Close monitoring of incoming raw tea shipment and aging stocks available in the warehouse area.
- Administrative Responsibilities:
- Weekly Blending Output Summary
- Blend Sheet Issuance
- Blended Output vs Production Quantity
- Average Price and Quantity
- Available Raw Tea Stocks
- Weekly Laboratory Results
- Number of Taste Test – cups
- Temperature and Humidity Reading
- Raw Tea Consumption by Origin
- Monthly Report Preparation for UK Office
- Monthly Blend Output
- Raw Tea Consumption
- Tea Department Dashboard
- Communication and Coordination - effectively communicates all the quality issues and tea components concerns to the Tea Tasters and to the concerned departments for the immediate resolution. Provide assistance to the Data Encoder for some admin tasks not limited to Purchase Order checking, Blend Sheets creation and printing and data encoding for Output, Item and Consumption Journals.
- Minimum of 8 years' experience in a similar FMCG production environment of tea industries
- Master of Science in agricultural, Botany, Food Sciences, Horticulture or allied fields OR Graduate in agricultural, Botany, Food Sciences, Horticulture or allied fields + MBA in operation management.
- Knowledgeable about the topography of tea estates and different classification of teas. Worked as Tea Taster/Evaluator in tea manufacturing industry.
- Proficient in handling tea presentations and good oral communication. With ability to focus on key objectives and work within specific time frames. And demonstrate initiative towards work and can work with less supervision.
- Age bracket: 25 – 35 years old
- Nationality requirement: Indian / Sri Lankan
AED 4,000 – AED 5,000 + accommodation, meals, transportation and other company benefits