We are looking for qualified and experienced High School Science Teachers who are excited to join our world class schools and are driven to provide education at an exceptional level. GEMS teachers enjoy an outstanding school environment in which to deliver a dynamic and creative curriculum to motivated students.
The High School Division of Dubai American Academy is proud of the 900+ students who are driven academically to excel and while remaining deeply engaged in our rich athletic, fine and performing arts, music and innovation programs. After the completing the American curriculum in grades 9 and 10, students pursue the full IB Diploma, IB Certificates or AP courses. All graduating students additionally earn an American High School Diploma. Our graduates matriculate to some of the best universities around the world armed with skills required to thrive in the 21st century.
The ideal applicant will have:
- A certified professional teaching qualification at degree level, such as B.Ed, PGCE, PGDE or equivalent. Preference will be given to candidates specializing in Environmental Science
- A minimum of 2 years of solid and demonstrable teaching NGSS (Next Generation Science Standards) and/or IB Diploma Program Environmental Systems and Societies in an American/IB curriculum High School
- The experience, personality and educational philosophy to drive further, the education agenda at this flagship GEMS school with an international student body
- The desire to provide outstanding teaching and learning
- Aspiration to work in a world class school with real prospects for enhancing their career
About Your Benefits
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package including a competitive tax free salary, individual fully furnished accommodation, tuition fee concession, private medical insurance, annual airfare to country of residence, and End of Service Gratuity.
Trusted for over 55 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating over 190,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division; and we will impact 20 million by 2020 students through the initiatives of our Charity partner Varkey Foundation.
About the School
Dubai American Academy (DAA) opened in 1998 is GEMS Education's flagship American school with over 2700 students in grades KG1-12. DAA is a vibrant international community, deeply rooted in a culture of kindness, that creates and empowers leaders and independent thinkers with integrity, character, and drive. The school offers an enriched American curriculum to students of all nationalities culminating in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme and/or an American high school diploma. Beyond its rigorous academic program, DAA prepares students to lead successful lives through the exceptional diversity of its community and the extra-curricular and athletic experiences that contribute to the development of the whole person. DAA is the only American school in Dubai that has received an outstanding rating from the Dubai Schools Inspection Bureau (DSIB), a distinction the school has since 2011.