Dubai This is a unique and challenging opportunity to join one of the world's leading Logistics companies. Due to continued success in the region, we are looking for Warehouse Team Leaders to contribute to one of our key projects in the UAE. This position is offered on a single status basis and the benefits include a tax free salary with allowances for accommodation and transport, annual flight ticket, discretionary bonus and a comprehensive international medical insurance.
The Shift Leader is responsible for directing the daily activities for a specified area (team, group) of warehouse operations, including supervision and the proper proceeding of warehouse procedures.
Key responsibilities are to ensure, that support is provided to the Shift Manager through completing warehouse work procedures.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- To complete duties relating to warehousing and distribution as required.
- To motivate the team and push to achieve maximum productivity.
- To ensure that all documentation is filed as per operational and company requirements.
- To ensure that all company equipment is handled and driven in a responsible manner at all times and log books are maintained and filled in properly and on time.
- To ensure minimum downtime of MHEs and equipment.
- To ensure correct supervision is in place for any trainee forklift operators.
- To ensure that staff is undertaking their tasks in a safe manner at all times.
- To liaise with other departments as required developing positive working relationships to ensure compliance and to limit unnecessary delays due to inadequate processes and non-compliance issues.
- To assess workloads within the allocated team and allocate resources adequately on a day to day basis.
- To consult with the next level Manager if pre-allocated resources are not sufficient on any given day.
- To ensure that expenses are kept to a minimum at all times.
- To ensure that direct reports are fully inducted and trained
- To motivate the team to be pro-active and enthusiastic in their service delivery.
- To ensure that all Human Resource and Health and Safety policies and processes are followed and complied with at all times.
- To ensure that the customers' KPI's are met continuously as well as efficiently and cost effectively.
- To observe all company quality requirements at all times.
- To ensure compliance with all Distribution centre safety policies and requirements.
- To be aware of the responsibilities of managers in relation to QSHE
- Defines ways of working to add value to customers' operation.
- To complete all data entry on time and accurately to ensure accurate inventory data.
- To maintain the Warehouse Management System in relation to set-up and shipping orders.
- To oversee stock control and stock inquiries via WMS as required.
- To receive and manage account inquiries ensuring they are referred or resolved as required.
- Follow up with the Quality Issues.
- Ensure the accurate and timely preparation of reports regarding warehouse operations.
- Adhere to Kuehne + Nagel's Quality, Safety, Health, and Environment Program policies and procedures.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in Warehouse operations within a high volume operation
- AS400 knowledge
- Experience in leading a team
- Advanced MS Excel knowledge and MS Office tools
- Experience in receiving, picking, cross docking, loading and unloading warehouse activities
- Manual Handling experience
- Ability to work to tight deadlines with high accuracy
- Ability to work within cold storage environment
- Demonstrates the ability to energize, motivate and inspire others
- Commitment to organizational KPIs and goals
- Excellent communication and inter personal skills
- Be able to work well in a fast-paced environment and under stress
We offer a multicultural work environment where you can develop your career and foster your professional growth among diverse opportunities, in a challenging and highly collaborative setup.
How can you apply:
Apply online with covering letter and resume:
About Kuehne + Nagel
With over 82,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions. Further information can be found at www.kuehne-nagel.com
Reference Number: req39507
Kuehne + Nagel